Exclusive Interview: Rising Pop Star Spencer Sutherland
Spencer Sutherland (2015)
We recently had the opportunity to chat with rising pop star, Spencer Sutherland! Spencer has been touring with a number of big name stars and is currently on the path to making a big name for himself. He is a self-taught singer/songwriter from Columbus and has recently released his debut single, "Heartstrings," which you can listen to in an official lyric video below! Check out Spencer's responses to the questions we had the opportunity to ask.
1. Hello Spencer! First off, I’d like to say that I managed to catch SoMo on tour in Cincinnati and was really impressed by your performance opening for him. So, I’ve got to ask, how has touring been?
Thank you so much! Cincinnati was such a great crowd! Touring is my dream come true. I love traveling and performing more than anything, so when you combine the two it's perfection!
2. Has it helped you experience more and grow as a musician?
ABSOLUTELY, more than anything! Live performance is the number one tool to becoming a better performer and singer. You have no choice but to keep going.
3. What is your favorite thing about being on the road?
Meeting new fans! There's no better feeling in the world then to meet someone for the first time, and hear them say they are "now a fan". I also love seeing all the interesting places in each city.
4. Favorite thing to do in your free time?
I love working out! Fitness is a huge part of my life and I also love cooking! Sometimes I even love shooting hoops with my friends when I'm in town!
5. What are a few of your favorite songs right now, or any unknown artists you think we should hear?
My favorite's at the moment are: "Cheerleader" by OMI and "Slow Motion" by Trey Songz. You guys should check out Jon Bellion! He's about to explode!
6. At the time, you mentioned that you had some new songs in the works. The “Heartstrings” single and Debut EP are great stuff, but is there anytime we can expect a full-length album? Your fans are definitely waiting!
Hahaha Thank you! I have A LOT of new music actually ;) I’ve had the privilege of working with some amazing well-known producers that are not only crazy talented but great to just hang and vibe with.
7. You’re off to an amazing start currently! What do you think the next step for your music is? Also, what goals do you have in terms of being well-known as a popular artist?
My goal is to make music that people love, I just want to keep sharing that with as many people as I can. I feel like I grow as an artist and a writer with every show I play and every new producer I work with.
8. I’ll wrap this up and would like to say thanks so much for your time! Is there anything else you would like us to know about your music or about yourself? Or, any fun facts you’d like to throw out there? It can be anything!
Thank you so much for having me! A crazy fact about me is that I only use plastic silverware! I don't know why, but I just like to haha. Some people think that it's because I travel so much, it feels like home.
Also I want my fans to know how much I love them! Thanks again!
Check out Spencer's official lyric video for the song "Heartstrings" below: