Harem pants, more lovingly referred to as soft pants, are the greatest thing since the wedged heel. The soft pant is to trousers what wedges are to stilettos. A very stylish, more comfortable, summer version of the classic staple.
I bought my first pair of harem pants yesterday and I curse myself for not hopping on this trend a lot earlier. They're slimming, comfy as all hell, and versatile. I bought a simple black pair with a tie waist and gathered hem for only $8.80 (thank you Kohls!). When I tried them on, I was floored, they maintained a sleek polished look while feeling like a airy pajama pant. Finally, I thought, socially acceptable pajama pants. Don't get me wrong, theses soft pants are so much more than lounge wear even if they were a classed up pair of joggers. Still, I'm not complaining.
If you have skepticisms about this trend, let them all fall away. I too was skeptical of their pajama like appearance, but I'm completely obsessed now. If you need a list of reasons to embrace the harem pant, let me indulge you with some of my favorites.
1. Numerous patterns and styles to mix and match.
American Eagle: AEO Soft Printed Jogger Pant $39.95 http://www.ae.com/web/browse/product_details.jsp?productId=0322_2498_100&catId=cat6710002
2. They're interesting without looking like they try too hard. (Thats basically the dream)
Old Navy: Woman's Patterned Soft Pants $32.94http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?vid=1&pid=478896002
3. Versatility. They will go well with t-shirts, tank tops, flowy camis, flats, heels, sandals, wedges, the list goes on.
SUZY Black & White Printed Soft Pant $26.00http://suzyshier.com/0114-46800800-black-white-printed-soft-pant.html
4. COMFORTABLE. I know I keep driving this point, but it's like pockets in dresses, you just can't get over it. There's a reason this trend derives from dancer wear.
HaremPants.com: Elephant Stamps Women's Slim Cut Harem Pants Black $22.00http://www.harempants.com/collections/slim-cut/products/elephant-stamps-womens-slim-cut-harem-pants-black
5. They accentuate all body types. They look good on all shapes and sizes.
City Chic: Geometric Harem Pant: $10.00
6. Literally everyone can wear these pants, men, women, babies.
|(Photo: Dana from culturedblog.com)|
Old Navy: Soft Pants for Baby $11.99
There are more than enough resigns to invest in a pair of the coolest hot trend in pants. Now, excuse me while I buy 23 new pairs of theses babies.